5 Common Mistakes People Made When Carpet Cleaning
Given the fact that shampoo cleaning machines are relatively easy to rent in Toronto and the surrounding area, it is not surprising that many people are tempted to save money by cleaning their own carpets these days. If you are diligent, well prepared and do not rush the job, it is indeed possible to save a few dollars by taking the DIY approach but if you decide to do so, please be aware that sometimes things can go wrong.
Advice from Your Friendly Carpet Cleaning Toronto Team
Thanks to our years of experience, working with a huge variety of carpets in many different and challenging environments, we are well aware of the type of mistakes that amateurs often make when trying their hand at carpet cleaning for the first time. To assist our friends and customers in the area, we thought we would put together a short list of the most common mistakes that people make, in the hope that we are able to help others not to make them in the future.
- Using Cleaning Chemicals Without Testing Them First – A very common mistake, and one that can have disastrous consequences, is that of jumping straight in and cleaning a whole carpet without testing an inconspicuous area first. You should never use chemicals on your carpet without testing them first because there is always the possibility that they could cause irreversible damage.
- Using Too Much Water – Over wetting a carpet results in too much water soaking into the backing or underlay, which can cause a number of problems. Shrinkage, discolouration, mould and mildew are among the most commonly encountered. As skilled professionals, our carpet cleaning Toronto team never use any more water than is absolutely necessary and advise first timers to always follow their example.
- Using Too Much Shampoo – Using more shampoo than you really need to is another cardinal sin that you should avoid if at all possible, owing to the problems it can cause. Over time, a build-up of shampoo residue will attract particles of dust and debris that are very difficult to dislodge, making your carpets look dirty even when they have only just been cleaned.
- Not Attending to Spills Swiftly – Whether you do your own carpet cleaning in Toronto or hire our team of experienced specialists to do it for you, it is important to clean up spills as soon as they happen. The longer you leave a stain in your carpet, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- Trying to Remove Carpet Deodorizer with a Domestic Vacuum Cleaner – The type of powdered deodorizer that professional cleaners use can only be completely removed with a powerful industrial vacuum. If you try to remove it with your home vacuum cleaner, some will inevitably be left behind.
If you would rather not do your own carpet cleaning in Toronto, please do not hesitate to call and make an appointment for our team to visit your home in the near future.
OUR SERVICE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Fully Licensed & Insured.
- Free Estimates.
- Eco-Friendly Prodcuts and Solutions.
Service Areas: Toronto, Ajax, Aurora, Bolton, Bradford, Burlington, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Maple, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Orangeville, Oshawa, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Scugog, Stouville, Thornhill, Unionville, Uxbridge and Vaughan.
Why chose anybody else? Call us Today for a free estimate at 416-727-3597 or fill out our quick and easy Contact Form. We look forward to hearing from you!